27 May 2011

Sorbet

It's been almost 20 days since my last post and there's a reason. My thyroid was not slightly out of sync, it was really out of sync. So now I'm on medication, have a thyroid shaped swelling on my throat, keep shaking and generally feel like something the cat's dragged in. I am still certain soya has had something to do with this happening but not so sure it was the whole reason, Thyrotoxicosis can be stress related and I have certainly been stressed enough.

On the other hand I have had a few days off and now work from home for a further few days to give my body a chance to catch up. So I have had the opportunity to be a bit creative. With my throat swollen and a bit sore I have had a massive craving for something cold. Ideally icecream, which is the one milkderived food I really struggle to stay off. But, if the plan was to be good, and I always have to be so bloody good, I thought maybe sorbet is easy enough to make.

2 egg whites
300 ml frozen berries (I used strawnberries and blueberries)
100 ml agave nectar
Juice from 1 lemon

In a bowl, whisk the eggwhites to a hard foam.
I a foodprocessor, mix berries, agave nectar and lemon juice to a pure.
Try not to just scoff this mix with a spoon...
Fold the berry mix into the eggwhites, transfer to a suitable container and freeze for at least 4 hours, occassionally stirring the sorbet whilst it's freezing.
I was right, sorbet really is easy enough to make and it tastes divine!

No comments:

Post a Comment