16 Aug 2011

Personal goals

I have been remiss in my blooging, for which I apologise. I even have several posts, particularly the ones about my pastry experiments, written and almost ready to go. I blame work, it gets in between.

So, this is unrelated to any recipes, but not unrelated to nutrition. I have set myself some goals, that are weight and exercise related.

My 8-weeks goals are:
Gain 3 kg (there's 2.2 pounds to a kg, you do the maths)
Exercise a minimum of 4 days per week
Do at least 1 day yoga per week
Do some exercise every weekend

These goals are fairly low set. The one I might struggle with is the weight gain. And I have a week off from work during which I'll do no yoga, and during which my exercise regime may slip a bit. But it shall be very interesting to see where I am at on October 16th.

Over the last 8 weeks I have achieved the following.
Gained 5 kg (actually, I gained 6 but lost 1)
Almost doubled the weights I use in the gym.
Worked out a minimum 3 days per week.

A good indication of how much stronger I am getting is my ability to do proper push-ups. 8 weeks ago I couldn't do even 1 without having my knees in the ground. Yesterday I managed 5! It may not sound like much but for me it's really an achievement after the loss of muscle I suffered when I got ill. Let's see how many I can do in October!

I have to be very careful with what I eat in order to make sure I consume enough to have a steady weight gain whilst working out that much. And with that in mind, it's time to have some rice cakes with peanut butter.

2 comments:

  1. You go girl! Jag tycker att du är jätteduktig. :) Själv skulle jag behöva bli av med några kilon istället. Jag är för dålig på det där med regelbunden träning. Helt kass på regelbundna måltider också när jag tänker på det.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tack Kittin. Det verkar som om reglerna för både viktökning och viktminskning är väldigt lika. Ät ordentligt och träna! Kommer ett inlägg om det snart.
    Många hurtiga personer i min omgivning säger att styrketräning är en av de bästa träningsformerna för kvinnor men många vågar inte. Kan kanske vara värt att klämma in några situps och armhävningar på din fritid.

    ReplyDelete