9 Oct 2011

Clafoutis?

My mother has been waxing lyrical about this French dessert she's found, called clafoutis. According to Wikipedia clafoutis is a dessert made of black cherries covered in a flan-like batter. According to my mother it's any kind of fruit, ideally fried with a bit of cinnamon and covered in something approaching sponge batter and then baked. I had a few slightly overripe nectarines kicking about at home, s I decided to take my mum's idea and adapt it for my poor stomach.

3 nectarines, de-stoned and cut in pieces
2 pears, de-seeded and cut into pieces.
Fry in coconut oil, with a bit of cinnamon and maple syrup until going soft. Put the fried fruit in the bottom of a sandwich dish with removable sides.

3 eggs
1/2 dl glutenfree flour mix
1 dl almond flour
1/2 dl agave nectar
1/2 dl maple syrup
1/2 dl cocnut oil, melted, preferably in the pan in which you fried the fruit.
Whisk everything together, cover the fruit and bake in 190 degrees for c. 30 minutes

Not sure what I was expecting but it's a very nice dessert. The tolerant one has summed it up pretty well. Squidgy and cakey. Moist! I think he likes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment