30 Apr 2011

blondies

In contrast to my overly strict daughter I'm not completely sugar free. On the other hand I am deeply suspicious of "flour replacements". Even more so when I bought gluten free bread yesterday and it tasted horrible, fell to pieces and didn't fill me up at all. I can bake my own bread, thank you very much!

So it's Saturday and I feel the need to have some cake with my coffee after the morning walk. How about Blondies?

I a bowl I mixed c. 35g coconut oil, not melted but softened, with 100ml crunchy peanut butter, 100ml sugar and 50 ml agave nectar. Then I stirred in three eggs, one at a time. I made my own flour by putting 500ml puffed rice and 100ml buckwheat flakes in the food processor until it was a coarse flour. I mixed this with the other ingredients and 1 1/2 tsp baking powder.
Everything was put in a sandwich tray (25cm by 15cm) lined with baking paper and baked for 30 minutes in 190 degrees.

At first it expanded up but then it shrunk and I was wondering how it would work out. But when done and cut into squares my Blondies were really good!

Mother

No comments:

Post a Comment